Is the label for this [no label] or Tania Zygar?

see this and other external links on the mbz page

1 Like

Self release, imo.

At least until the ā€˜labelā€™ releases other artists, or gets its own website (a different one to the artists one), or something like that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think Iā€™ve seen a few of these ā€œvanity catalog numbersā€ lately too. Itā€™s a shame that thereā€™s no place to store them (except annotations), but I just go with ā€œ[no label]ā€ or leave the release label unset in this case too.

2 Likes

Oh fun, I added that release :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, since artists can specify more or less anything in that field on digital storefronts, Iā€™m cautious when it matches the musicianā€™s name. If thereā€™s a label page for it on Discogs or the like, Iā€™ll add it, but otherwise I leave it blank.

4 Likes

ok thanks for the info guys!

Iā€™m organizing my music collection rn and this is the first release Iā€™ve came across with the label field blank, so it jumped out to me as an outlier. but if a blank label field is a valid thing that will come up in other releases as well then I donā€™t really mind

1 Like

I have set it to [no label], which is the recommended way to credit self-releases and the like.

So you will no longer have that annoying gap in your player!

[no label] is so handy - otherwise youā€™re left wondering ā€œis this a self-release, or is MB missing infoā€ :expressionless:

4 Likes