Interested in contributing to BookBrainz: Building Administration System for GSoC'23

Hey all!

I’m Nikhil, a pre-final undergraduate from IIT (BHU). I’m actively looking forward to contributing to BookBrainz for GSoC '23.

I find “Administration Panel” quite interesting as it aligns with both my interest and skill set. I’m pretty much acquainted with Node.js, Express.js, Rest API etc. and am deeply interested in the same.

I am already done with the installation and setup and currently looking up for good-first issues to understand the code base better.

I would really love to listen from you if there’s something I should know before getting deep into the project.

Thanks and Regards.

1 Like

Hello @nikhil_rana ! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

It looks like you’ve found your way around so far. In case you are looking for good entry tickets we have the good-first-bug label available here: Issue Navigator - MetaBrainz JIRA

Apart from that, I highly recommend reading this page in our wiki: Development/Summer of Code/Getting started - MusicBrainz Wiki

It’s also a good idea to try the website out. If you just want to test things out we have test.bookbrainz.org as a testing ground with a separate database, and if you want to enter actual books bookbrainz.org is waiting for your contributions :slight_smile:
Similarly there, we have a user guide to help you get to know the interface a bit: BookBrainz User Guide

1 Like