Incomplete ? Vladimir Horowitz: The Unreleased Live Recordings, 1966-1983

This release seems incomplete

Vladimir Horowitz: The Unreleased Live Recordings, 1966-1983

It’s a 50 Volumes release and we have only 6.
Discogs has good data for importer https://www.discogs.com/release/9352705-Vladimir-Horowitz-The-Unreleased-Live-Recordings-1966-1983-

What would be the best strategy ? Importing as a new release (I can do work rels in an import script, most of the time anyway) and then merge or trying to somehow add missing volumes ?

2 Likes

If you like to merge the releases you need to fix the existing first (at least roughly). And the “guess case” function will not work for non-English titles. Anyway, it’s going to be hard work. But good luck!

2 Likes

right, what’s in MB follows discogs with reversed titles for example, discogs has few track timings.

But, idagio has 25 individual albums streaming and their metadata is much better

So I will import all 25 albums as digital releases and then perhaps will try to clone to the CD release. Those are the same recordings.

Still lot’s of work.

2 Likes

We are all :rosette: cheering you on :rosette: !

1 Like

I’ve imported all 20 digital releases from Idagio and started to add new mediums to the main box release .

When adding a new medium, I have to move them up as I can only add at the end of current mediums. This worked for 3 out of 4 new mediums :frowning: . It looks like medium count on the page lost count 5.

Will that fix itself ? Or is there a way to fix it ?

1 Like

Yes, there is a magic trick to get this:

On the tracklist page, use the arrows on the far right to shuffle your Medium NN numbers.

Best part, this is an auto-edit so the change is instant: Edit #97642825 - MusicBrainz

When shuffling, watch all the numbers as it will keep renumbering itself if you don’t keep an eye on it… but this should save you a lot of time and headaches. (A tip - start by shuffling the highest numbers in to place first…)

5 Likes