I believe my IP has been banned or blacklisted, could somebody check for me?

I have used Picard in the past on my library, it has been at least a couple years since I have used picard.

It seems my IP is banned, currently I can access musicbrainz.org from my moms house which is a few blocks away from my house, but I cannot access it at home.

Please send me a PM or reply to this post and I can PM you my home IP address.

I really appreciate any help with this, thank you.

1 Like

If you have a QNAP NAS device you might have ended up on the blacklist, see

https://community.metabrainz.org/t/cant-connect-to-musicbrainz-org-website-and-picard-doesnt-check-music-on-home-network/

@zas would be the one who can help with this.

1 Like

Thanks, I do not have a QNAP device, my NAS is just an ubuntu server with mdadm. I hope @Zas will still be able to help.

I just found #musicbrainz on irc, and sent zas a message there :slight_smile:

1 Like

IP was in a blacklist, now removed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue accessing the site and using Picard. My IP is 119.18.0.96

Thanks in advance for any help!

@Lewisham yes, this IP was blocked on our side, you should now be able to access our services. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Thank you, all good for now!

1 Like

Zas,

It seems my home’s IP address has been blocked by musicbrainz as well. Can you unblock my IP address? I’m using Picard/MP3Tag infrequently, so I must have some background service on a server that has caused the issue. I’ll try and do some digging to figure this out . . . my IP address: 72.48.180.130

Thanks.

It appears this IP isn’t blocked on our side. What happens exactly? Can you ping (or even better traceroute) 138.201.227.205?

Thanks for checking, Zas.

Yep - it looks like traffic stops at my gateway - I’ll dig into the router and see what’s going on there. Thanks so much!!

It seems my IP is blocked as well, despite i do not have a QNAP device.
Tracert ends by a Hetzner Server
My ip is 82.207.238.59

Btw. dnslookup at mxtoolbox doesn’t show a AAAA Record for musicbrainz. Is this correct?

Hey @Voidi

I unblocked your IP, sorry for the inconvenience.
And yes, musicbrainz.org hasn’t a AAAA record yet, because it doesn’t support IPv6 yet, but this is something on the work.

1 Like

Thank your for quick response.

Hi, I think my IP may have been blacklisted as well. I can access MusicBrainz through a proxy but not through my home network.
The traceroute ends at
9 ex9k3.dc8.fsn1.hetzner.com (213.239.229.138) 23.204 ms ex9k3.dc8.fsn1.hetzner.com (213.239.229.142) 24.524 ms 27.272 ms
Thank you

Edit: I use this python script to aid in searching for albums. Maybe that’s being picked up as scraping.

1 Like

@nugget720 what’s your IP?

@Zas my ip got banned as well.
ip: 37.120.143.139

Can my IP address please be checked? Address - 213.122.141.48 @Zas

Your IP was on our QNAP blocklist, now unblocked.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

@Zas hello, I can’t access Musicbrainz.org for days now. I believe my IP is currently blacklisted? My IP address is . Thank you.

Yes, it was blocked, I removed it, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like