How to save cover art images as files with filenames same as type of cover art?

I’d like to save cover art images as files with filenames same as type of cover art.
To do this I want to use

Options -> Option… -> Cover Art -> using the following file name for images

but I can’t find any variable or funktion to get the image type of cover art images.
Is there some or if there some plugin that this can do?

You do not need to specify the file type, just the file name. Picard will determine the file type and add the file extension automatically.

Thanks for answering.

I am not worry about file type.

What I want is: If there are more than one picture for cover art, so there can be for example a picture that has cover-art-type “front” and an other that has cover-art-type “back”. I want to save the pictures as “front.png” and “back.png”. There for I am searching for a variable like %cover-art-type% to put this in the input mask:

Options -> Option… -> Cover Art -> using the following file name for

Yes, would be useful :slight_smile: This idea sounds familiar, could be it has been discussed before, but a ticket on https://tickets.musicbrainz.org would help :slight_smile:

Current dev version has such feature, but only for CAA as others providers don’t set a type.

It will only use the first image type, and front images will still be named using the default name provided (cover prefix by default).