How to Multi discs in seperate Folders

Hi Im totaly new
congratulation to this great tool.
I started tagging my music works great but now the problem with multi disc came up.

I use this code in renaming options at the moment
$if($eq(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377),

$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),40)/

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,40) (%releasestatus%-%releasetype%)/

$left(%album%,30)(%releasestatus%-%releasetype%)- $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30)

$upper($firstalphachar($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),#))

/$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),18)/

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,40) (%releasestatus%-%releasetype%)/

$num(%tracknumber%,3) $left(%title%,45)-$left(%album%,40)-$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%,)

)

I want to have the disk 1 in seperate folder
name should be the disk name 01

In my tags there is only disk name without 01

I hope for help because I want to start this weekend using these great tools to get my music collection in a proper condition

regards
witzker

If I understand correctly, I think you just need to change the one line of your script from:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30)

to:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD) $num(%discnumber%,2)/,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30)

Note that I haven’t tested this. If I’ve misunderstood and it doesn’t do what you want, please provide some examples of the the way you want the paths and file names to appear and we can take another look.

THX
but No changes

some examples of the the way you want the paths and file names to appear and we can take another look.

The path I’d like to have is

X eg: M
Artist Surename, Artist Firstname eg: Marley, Bob
Year - AlbumTitle 01 eg: 1973 - Catch A Fire 01
Year - AlbumTitle 02 eg: 1973 - Catch A Fire 02

Filename
001 Title - Artist - Album (like above)

An also the tags like this
(Trak number)001 (Title) - (Artist) - Album (like above)

What I have now is:

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,40) \(%releasestatus%-%releasetype%\)/

$left(%album%,30)\(%releasestatus%-%releasetype%\)- $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD) $num(%discnumber%,2)/,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30)

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,40) \(%releasestatus%-%releasetype%\)/

$num(%tracknumber%,3) $left(%title%,45)-$left(%album%,40)-$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%,)

)

Many many THX for Help

regards
Witzker

I ruined everything
Now I have again the code

$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),30)/
$left(%album%,30) (%releasestatus%-%releasetype%)-$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30)

/$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),30)/
$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,60) /
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc $num(%discnumber%,2)-)$num(%tracknumber%,3) $left(%title%,45) - $left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),45)- $left(%album%,60) $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,CD)%discnumber%,)

)

With the code shown in your latest message, what is it doing that it shouldn’t be doing (or what is it not doing that it should be doing)? I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’m understanding your concern.

It does not create the folders for:
Year - AlbumTitle 01 eg: 1973 - Catch A Fire 01
Year - AlbumTitle 02 eg: 1973 - Catch A Fire 02

There is no AlbumTitle XX in the tags of multidisk files

Thx for taking care

I already read what you posted earlier, so repeating it doesn’t really help to clarify. Perhaps you could provide a link to the specific release that you’re trying to process that’s producing the undesired results, and I can try to reproduce your issues here?

1 Like

It might also be helpful if you put your desired folder structure and the folder structure you see in the actual notation of Windows or Linux. Right now you’re just showing us text. Where are the backslashes showing up, and where do you want them to show up?

So another Try

I Have this code now in renaming:

$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),30)/
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,)%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30) - $left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),30)

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if2(%media%,)%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30) - $left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),30)

)

In tagging

I want to have File names as Shown in the grafik
1-01 Songtitle - Artist

What I get is This
grafik
Pls help me with code to achive this result for
Various Artist
Album
is OK

grafik
But Artist in the song name should be the real one not Various Artist
Not like this instead of Variuos artists there schould be the artist name

in the tags of the file there is artist OK

Hope for help
regards Witzker

You should replace the $if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%) near the end of your script with just %artistsort%. Or maybe even just %artist%, unless you actually want to use the sortname here.

2 Likes

Fantastik Great THX

maybe you can help me to get rid of “CD” in the filename 1-01 wlould be enough

grafik

In this line:

get rid of the $if2(%media%,).

Note that line appears twice in your script.

2 Likes

THX Great

File name is now OK
but i noticed problem with tags

I think Tracknumber should be 101,102…for CD1 and 201,202 fo CD2

shall I open another Thread?

Everything we do in the “File Naming” section of the options only affects the names of the files and folders.

If you want to change the tags, go to the “Scripting” section of the options and put this in:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$set(tracknumber,%discnumber%$num(%tracknumber%,2),$set(tracknumber,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)

If you do that, then you need to change your filenaming script. Change this line:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)-$left(%title%,30) -

to this:

%tracknumber%-$left(%title%,30) -

THX
I have The following in Scripting
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$set(tracknumber,%discnumber%$num(%tracknumber%,2),$set(tracknumber,)$num(%tracknumber%,2)
but I get Error:

What have I done wrong

Sorry about that, I totally F’d up the parenthesis. Try this instead:

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$set(tracknumber,%discnumber%$num(%tracknumber%,2)),$set(tracknumber,$num(%tracknumber%,2)))

I blame the rum.

2 Likes

Many THX
Works perfect!

Regards
Witzker

Summery:

Optionen -> Scripting

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$set(tracknumber,%discnumber%$num(%tracknumber%,2)),$set(tracknumber,$num(%tracknumber%,2)))

Optionen -> Dateibenennung

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,65) /

%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40)

/$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),65)/

$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,50) /

%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40)

)

Maybe someone can use it too

Many thanks to:
@Billy_Yank
@outsidecontext
@rdswift

3 Likes