How to Add New Single/Album of a Artist in MusicBrainz

Your language is confusing me. Picard is filling in tags from the MB database. It does not “scrape”.

Video files? You were not saying that. So NONE of those video files will be matching. Picard must only be tagging by pot luck.

You are missing out so much information that I have no idea what you are attempting now. Music Videos are totally different entities to music files.

I now give up making sense of what you are saying. Picard tags your files. Once the files are tagged then KODI uses those tags to look up musicbrainz ID \ Artist Name \ Album name \ etc and then checks theAudioDB for more information. From v18 this is even more well tuned to the musicbrainz ID.

but this is working on music files attempting to match them to the original releases. Music tracks to original track. NOT videos. That is done in a very different way. (And generally beyond the scope of Picard to handle)

1 Like

Sorry - I give up. I don’t know. I still don’t know what you were attempting to do in the first place. I thought we were almost getting somewhere… until you then said you are tagging videos files and not audio files. I guess it is also my fault as I am not making my requests for clarity clear enough.

I couldn’t help on your first question, so I’ll step away now as I have even less clue as to what you are doing in this second case.

well i added some more Databases in MB so it worked for me but there is a song i also added it in MB database but this single song is actually not getting scrapped.

:frowning: Bro what i say ain’t complex come on what i said earlier that was simple that Lyn Album was tagged but kodi only scrapped the Korean Version Song For Love not the English version of Song For Love D:<

Leave that anyways i found solution for that but there is a Album of Girls’ Generation - Holiday Night i have only 1 song of it in my video files that is “All Night” it got tagged by Musicbrainz Picard but it din’t got scrapped inside Kodi why so ?? even i added that song in MB database again as a Single still it din’t worked WHY SO ??? help please i beg you

Are all videos in same file format?

Check that all the videos are in a format compatible with Picard.
Comaptible list at
https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/faq/

i have .Mp4 file of that song can u help me bro ?? the Artist is a Girl Group named as “Girls’ Generation”

Album Name : Holiday Night
Song Name : All Night

i tried to tag it and it got sucessfully tagged but kodi din’t scraped it idk why i even tried to rename the exact it is written on MB database and theaudiodb database and even added that song as a single in MB database but same problem it is not getting scraped into my Music Video Libarary of Kodi , My Kodi Version is 17.6 Krypton

the biggest problem is that not even any song of that album is being scraped not a single song of that album :s

Best I can suggest is a google search for

kodi video not scraping

And then working through the links.

1 Like

well i made a NFO own through notepad nvm i will try it later but this song is in the audiodb database and in MB database too but it is not getting scrapped someone please rectify it or try it urself and tell me.

You made it impossibly complex by the way you are explaining things and not answering questions. I spent too much time trying to guess what you meant. I could not understand what you were attempting to do. Your lack of punctuation makes it very hard to read your posts.

Why are you asking KODI Music Video questions to a group of people who run the MusicBrainz database?

You are trying to tag video file as a music file. Music Video handling is very new to KODI and certainly outside of this forum to assist you with. You will be better off going to the KODI forum and finding out how to correctly tag a video file to be read in the music section of KODI.

Try here for how KODI handles those types of items:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_videos

Their forum will able to better make sense of what you are attempting to do. And they can explain why it doesn’t scrape. It is certainly sounding like you are getting closer to your goals.

Even over there you’ll need to give better examples of what you are trying to do. By giving real examples we can give better replies.

MusicBrainz is not able to “identify” your video files as it is looking for audio files. Did you read any of the Beginner’s Guides that were posted at the start of this thread for you? It sounds to me like you have a random collection of videos from different places and are attempting to add names to them. There is nothing for MusicBrainz to “fix” at this end.

1 Like

https://musicbrainz.org/user/dheerajpareek10/edits

So these are YouTube rips? Not from the CDs or Singles or EPs at all?

I have to jump in here and clarify this a bit, because I tag all my videos with Picard :slight_smile: Picard is very well able to identify and tag video files as long as they are in a supported format. At the moment this probably mostly means MP4 and maybe Windows Media (WMV). There is also Ogg Video, but that’s less common. Now MusicBrainz’ video coverage is probably not the best, but there are DVD releases, bonus videos and YouTube videos in the DB. Picard will also often match your videos to pure audio releases, especially if AcoustId lookup is used, because the audio data of music videos is often identical to the pure audio release.

One nice trick when tagging video files is the “Load as non-album track”. It gives you a context menu action that allows you to tag any matched files as if it was a recording without an album (AKA standalone recording).

Now how Kodi handles music files and whether it is capable of using MusicBrainz metadata in video files is a completely different story. I haven’t used Kodi for a while and don’t know how it handles videos. But the link @IvanDobsky provided indicates there is no MusicBrainz scrapper for video files .

Having sayd this, I agree with @IvanDobsky. I find it hard to understand what you are doing and what you want to achieve. I also agree that the Kodi forums are likely the better place for your questions.

4 Likes

yes these are only Youtube Rips , the one who are CD i got them scraped already easily like i have 526 Music Videos and among them 200 are CD only 326 are Youtube rips maybe that’s why i cant find them in MB Database.

sorry if i offended you but that was the best i could explain should i make a video and send u the URl what is going on with me ??? i explained in a simple manner that i have A Artist Named as Lyn and her Album has 4 Songs out of the 4 i have 2 in my video files collection and i want them to be scraped okay.

Those two songs are same but they have different version 1. Korean Version and 2nd is English Version.

I also use picard often and i have modified some options like it automatically renames the files and save them to a Folder in my HDD and after that i browse them from Kodi to scrap them into my Music Video Library is this complex to under ??

I repeat that Out of both two songs one is scraped which is " [ [Song For Love (Kor Ver)]"(https://musicbrainz.org/recording/673b62a1-abe4-4762-b3e5-1ff5290534fc)

It is the 2nd Second song of that album.

the 4th Song is " [Song For Love (Eng Ver) [Remix]]"
(https://musicbrainz.org/recording/233f408c-d3d2-473c-8657-7ca87c6e0992)

This 4th song is also tagged by MusicBrainz Picard but when i tried to scrap/scan this song in Kodi it is not getting scrapped with the information given on MB Database.

On The Other Hand The 2nd Song "Song For Love (Korean Ver.) got scraped easily without any problem but the 4th Song which is the English Version of this din’t got Scraped/scanned into kodi idk why ???

This was my question , i hope you can understand this one. Tried my best to explain you through this post.

1 Like

Bro i am not new to Kodi but i am intermediate in both Kodi/MusicBrainz , i like to scrap and add music files in databases of various sites like tmdb tvdb and others just to make my own library i started this but it seems fun now.

Coming back to topic i am just helpless in some of the videos only that’s what brought me here on Forums.

The Following Two Songs in which i have problems are of two Artist named as

1. Lyn - Artist
    Release Group Of That Album - https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/19c73535-6c63-4598-ad95-b6e8c609d235
    Song Name: Song For Love (Eng Ver) [Remix]

I have two songs of this Album 2nd Song : Song For Love (Kor Ver.)
4th Song : Song For Love (Eng Ver) [Remix]

When i dragged them to picard they got easily tagged by Picard as they were found easily in MB Database and then got saved into a Folder named as Lyn > [Lyn 8th #2 ‘이 노래 좋아요’ ‘I Like This Song’]
With there respective names and when i added them in Kodi the 2nd Song : Song For Love (Kor Ver) got scrapped and its all information was shown but the 4th Song : Song For Love (Eng Ver) [Remix] wasn’t shown in music video library.

That is the problem i am facing that in a Single Album two songs who got easily tagged and renamed and organized in a specific album folder how out of the two of them one got scrapped and another one wasn’t.

1 Like

2nd Artist
Name: Girls’ Generation
Artist Album: Holiday Night

Song Name: All Night
i have this song it is in that Album and all the names are in English also.
i tagged it and it easily got tagged as it is in MB Database again the Album Folder name was made and the song was saved into but when i added/scraped it into my Kodi , it din’t got scraped at all not Only This i Tried to add other songs of this album not any single song of this Album i am able to scrap into my Kodi Music Video Library.

This topic seems to be going in circles now without progression. As others have said, it doesn’t seem like there’s much more we can help you with on MusicBrainz’s side. Please reach out to Kodi for any further assistance.

4 Likes