Help replacing special or forbidden characters

So, @FragaGeddon, does it work? What would you like us to do?

Iā€™m working on a new one. Iā€™m kinda understand it a bit better now.
Iā€™ll post it when Iā€™m done.

Hereā€™s what I came up with.

$noop( *** DO NOT EDIT THE AREA BELOW | EDITABLE AREA WILL BE AT THE VERY BOTTOM *** )
			$set(MainFolder1,-= $upper($left(%albumartist%,1)) =-/)
			$set(MainFolder2,-= $upper($left(%albumartistsort%,1)) =-/)
			$set(MainFolder3,)
			$set(Artist1,$replace($rreplace(%albumartist%,[_:*?"<>|],-),?,)/)
			$set(Artist2,$replace($rreplace(%albumartistsort%,[_:*?"<>|],-),?,)/)
			$set(Album1,$replace($rreplace(%album%,[_:*?"<>|], -),?,)$if(%date%,$if(%album%, )[$left(%date%,4)])/)
			$set(Album2,$replace($rreplace(%album%,[_:*?"<>|], -),?,)/)
			$set(MultiDisc1,$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc $num(%discnumber%,1)/)
			$set(MultiDisc2,)
			$set(PreTitle1,$replace($rreplace(%albumartist% - %album% -,[_:*?"<>|], -),?,))
			$set(PreTitle2,)
			$set(Track1, $num(%tracknumber%,2) - )
			$set(Track2, $num(%discnumber%,1)-$num(%tracknumber%,2) - ))
			$set(Title,$replace($rreplace(%title%,[_:*?"<>|],),?,))
$noop( *** DO NOT EDIT THE AREA ABOVE| EDITABLE AREA IS JUST BELOW *** )

$noop( *** The Following will use the example of artist: Amy Winehouse and album: Back to Black *** )
$noop( *** Default output: -=A =-/Amy Winehouse/Back to Black [2007]/Disc 1/Amy Winehouse - Back to Black - 01 - Rehab *** )
$noop( *** Change the NUMERICAL value ONLY! Example: %MainFolder1% would be changed to %MainFolder2% *** )
$noop( *** Only change the numerical value to either 1 or 2, anything else will mess things up. *** )
%MainFolder1%	$noop( OPTION 1 -= A=- | OPTION 2 -= W =- | OPTION 3 = No single character folder will be created. )
%Artist1%			$noop( OPTION 1 = Amy WineHouse| OPTION 2 = Winehouse, Amy )
%Album1%			$noop( OPTION 1 = Back to Black [2007] | OPTION 2 = Back to Black )
%MultiDisc1%		$noop( OPTION 1 = If album has more than 1 Disc, then add Disc folders | OPTION 2 = Do not sort by Disc, put all files into a single folder. )
%PreTitle1%		$noop( OPTION 1 = Show Artist and Album in the track title | OPTION 2 = Do not display Artist or Album)
%Track1%			$noop( OPTION 1 = Track Number: 01 | OPTION 2: Track Number: 1-01-> This is best if MultiDisc is set to 2, because you will have 2 track numbers as 01 - *track names*, etc. )
%Title%				$noop( NO OPTION - Just display the name of the track. )

A post was split to a new topic: Syntax highlighting in Notepad++

Works Pretty goodā€¦but it places Soundtracks in S/Soundtrack/%album% [%date%]/and the selected title. and basically the same for Various Artists. Is there a way to save to /Soundtrack and /Various Artists WITHOUT putting them in the Alphabetized folder? Also, in the earlier script, the %artist% was added to the title in theses instances as such: %album% - $disc%.%track% - %title% [%artist%]ā€¦can this be accomplished here?

I made some minor adjustments, but forgot how to post codeā€¦duh

Guys, I need helpā€¦
My naming script is this:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/
$if(%albumartist%,%originalyear% - %album% - %catalognumber%/,)
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

Now, when I have a track called:

Rienzi: Overture

The script names the file:

1-01 R.flac

Any ideas why, and/or how could I fix it?
Thanks.

ā€¦ and you are sure the title isnā€™t ā€œRā€? Could you maybe add a link to the release you used for tagging?
The script looks largely like the one Iā€™m using.