Help - Nothing being tagged

I’m new to Picard and I’m having trouble right from the start.

I’ve followed the quick start, after clustering, I use “lookup in browser” I click tagger, and the album appears in the right panel. Now, when I drag my files from the left to the right, they immediately go to green checkmarks. The box that’s supposed to show the data match never appears, and even after clicking save, no tags are added to my files.

Before dragging my files over, the bottom panel shows all the tags. Once I drag my files, the bottom panel only shows one row: length, and no other data.
This happens with every single album I’ve tried.

What am I missing here?

This looks like you are trying to tag WAV files. Currently Picard cannot tag WAV files, only rename them. The general recommendation is to convert them into some lossless audio format like FLAC or ALAC instead.

Support for tagging WAV files is work in progress and hopefully can be included in one of the next release. But even if this gets supported tagging WAVs in general is often not a great experience as there is no proper standard for it and players might or might not support it.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly what I was doing. Saw .wav in the supported files section so I assumed it would work. Didn’t know they don’t support tags!

Thank you!

1 Like