Help me shorten a title. Please

currently titled:
Masters of the Roll: Rare Original Recordings From the Reproducing Piano by the Great masters of Classical Piano 1904 - 1935: A 32 CD Catalogue: Disc 17

What would be better?
Suggest a disambiguation if you like.

I guess you could take out the “A 32 CD Catalogue” bit and go for “Masters of the Roll: Rare Original Recordings From the Reproducing Piano by the Great masters of Classical Piano 1904 - 1935, Disc 17”, but that’s as far as I would go personally.

1 Like

Unless the other thirty-one CDs don’t have any audio on them or the discs are sold individually, I’d also set the current “Medium 1” to “CD 17” and drop the “Disc 17”. That looks to me like a remnant of the old schema.

I think it’s a series, not a boxset. Or well, apparently it’s both.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! In that case, yeah, we can’t really take that bit out of the title.

“Masters of the Roll: Rare Original Recordings from the Reproducing Piano by the Great Masters of Classical Piano 1904 – 1935, Disc 17”

In this rare case I’d treat the disc number the same way we treat volume numbers, unless this is part of a box set and should be merged into that.

1 Like

Honestly, looking at the cover, I wouldn’t even mind just “Masters of the Roll, Disc 17”. “Masters of the Roll” is by far the most prominent part of the cover text, and everything else looks like it could be treated as much as an explanatory paragraph as a title…

What disambiguation would you see as providing the user with clarity around that
title?