Help! Adding a different issue of a release without starting from scratch

Hello,
This would be my first contribution to the site. I tried to find the information in the FAQs and forum without success.

I have the CD Stabat Mater by Antonín Dvořák; Radio-symphonieorchester Ljubljana, Marko Munih, released by the label Classica Licorne, 1991, cat# 735309, barcode 3254567353094

The exact same CD is already in the database: HERE
in a later issue: 1994, cat# 901422, barcode 3254569014221

Is there a way to use the existing data, where I would only need to change the three differing items, in order to create a new release?

1 Like
  1. Start adding a release:
  2. Paste the link to the existing release group in the release group field.

3. Enter the rest of the release information on the first page
  4. On the second tab called “release duplicates” select the already existing release
  5. On the tracklist tab make sure all the track lengths and titles match your release.
3 Likes

Thank you for your help.
Thanks to you it was easy

Here is my first contribution

Cheers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks good!
You can upload the back cover scan that you referenced in your edit notes to the Cover Art section as well, just tag it as type=Back.

1 Like

Another way: from that existing CD page, up top click “see all versions of this release”. That will bring you to the release group page, showing all the ones in the database (including, of course, the one you’ve already entered). Click “add release” over on the right, under editing. Then continue with paulakreuzer’s step 3.

PS: Welcome to MusicBrainz and thank you for the contribution.

3 Likes