Having a Japanese Artist clean up project

I am looking for potential editers who would be up to possibly up for doing a monthy project like the Classical music people are doing. I was thinking for the Japanese Artist we select artist from the 50s and the 60s and then start making are way up the line to modern artist. The reason why I am asking cause a lot of Enka Artist from japan that are listed on here have many and I mean many duplicate recordings which is why I was thinking of cleaning them up although I am not a big fan of Enka myself however if people are willing to do other artist I was thinking of maybe having a poll of what artist to do each month so that we can get the popular artist out of the way as Musicbrainz is a community site.

4 Likes

IMO there is very little material for one artist in comparison to classical composers whose works are played by so many.
I prefer working alone on such small artists to avoid doing things twice in parallel or even disturb each other sometimes, no? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I understand what your saying but would you consider helping a bit get this possible project set up cause your one of the few people I know who likes Japanese music

1 Like

I can help. As a sad song lover, I naturally like enka. :wink:
I have already edited/fixed/created some of them but with the small amount of time I have, I mostly work on artists who appear on the releases I do have in hands.

Ok cool cause Enka artist tend to release compilation albums every year but on musicbrainz a majority of them are seperate recordings and not all together like they should be

1 Like

I guess this is related to https://musicbrainz.org/tag/likedis%20auto/artist

1 Like

Not really cause that looks like groups and what not and not really in mind

So maybe someone of you here could take a look on something I just stumbled uppon?
https://musicbrainz.org/user/Likedis%20Auto
Seems a locked Bot due to abuse which needs some heavy rework (for style: most uppercase, sortnames)

This bot imported release data from cdjournal, not a bad source but the proof that it is better when manually imported by human.

• duplicate release groups
  • duplicate recordings
  • live and best as albums
  • karaoke tracks missing from singles

These were the main possible issues in this bot additions.

3 Likes

Not to mention that sometimes it would submit releases with no medium (this was before there was an option to do so manually).

2 Likes

Sorry to make this somewaht dead topic alive but who would be interested now that I have access to the tools that I need to help start the clean up