Found Album on Discogs.com; can't find in MusicBrainz

Hi,

I’m trying to match an album in my library using MusicBrainz Picard. I found the album here on discogs.com but I can’t seem to find it on MusicBrainz. I’d like to be able to point MusicBrainz Picard to it so it can pull all of the metadata.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

I can point a script at it and import it for you… or another day teach you how to use a script to do this yourself.

1 Like

I would love both of those things.

But for right now, maybe just the first? If it’s not too much to ask.

I don’t know how many of these I’m going to run into, so it may not be worth the learning curve.

1 Like

Give me a few minutes… I’ll import it now as it is quick when you know how. :wink:

Thank you!

Actually, I just found another one, if you want to do both at the same time.

I really appreciate it.

That first one is being a little tricky as there are lots of new artists in there. So please check the artists after I have imported this release. I’ll then look at that other one to see if that is easy… that looks like a single artist so is easier and will be done first.

Needed to make new artist for people like Fernando Porta, The Globe Saloon that need checking.

Please check the recordings I have linked. Are the lengths correct? That Discogs release is hopeless as there are no lengths :frowning:

Almost done… may have taken on a little too much on this one trying to be helpful. LOL!!

LOL - Please now take over and add a DiscID if you have one, or at least set the track times. And check the recordings and artists. That was way more complex that I was expecting. haha!

Lee Perry will be easy. :wink:

I’m so sorry, but very appreciative.

Here’s a screenshot of the track lengths, if it’s helpful. Can you link to the MusicBrainz release you added?

Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 7.05.57 PM

edit: nevermind, I found the link you left. I’ll go in and add what I can. Thank you for getting it started.

1 Like

Huh. If I match my tracks, which have the track length, then “submit acoustic IDs”, does that not upload the track lengths back to MusicBrainz if there isn’t one?

Glad to help. :slight_smile: But that was tough as I don’t know any of the tracks. Please check it all - especially the artists and recordings.

That Lee Perry is also being awkward as it has broken the importer tool. Sod’s Law is giving me a kicking here. Haha!

Had to do some copy\pasting there but here it is:

No, that doesn’t add track lengths. DiscIDs do that or manually typing.

All that Submit does is associates the AcoustIDs to the tracks. It is then good for checking if it is the correct recording linked as it will soon show up if it is linked to a different recording or wildly different length.