Filter Edits on Cover Art by Attribute Type

Hi all,

following Edit #89132164 - MusicBrainz this note by fellow editor @chaban it would appear I have made a big ol’ mistake in setting cover art to Tray + Back instead of Spine + Back.

I of course want to right this wrong, but I have submitted oh so much cover art, and would like to know if there is a quick and easy way of fixing this.

I was trying to see if there was a possible combination of arguments on my edit history to show cover art that I have submitted with the incorrect attributes; but I can’t seem to figure it out.

KR

3 Likes

You also have done similar to cassettes medium - https://musicbrainz.org/edit/89721100
And booklet last pages - https://musicbrainz.org/edit/89664265

(I was just CTRL+F searching down a few pages for "back, "… Sounds like you need a Scripting Wizard to come to your rescue :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

As far as I know, there is no way to search cover edits by type.
Maybe some people with a copy of the database can do some query, but it sounds rather difficult.

What happened?
If it a new feature of the userscript to select types from filenames, but you didn’t check before submit? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There isn’t such a feature yet:

3 Likes

Multiple things; learning a new system thinking I have got it “down pat” and nothing being brought up about it until now. Secondly, the fact that you can combine attributes, yet the documentation doesn’t seem to say yay/nay to this.

IMO Booklet + Front makes sense, the front cover and its part of the booklet. Back + Tray, in my brain meant the back of the paper thats in the tray.

In short, Front/Back are simply “positions” the rest of the attributes are elements (i.e. tray, booklet, medium, sticker etc.)

1 Like

See the guidelines. Yes, Booklet + Front are ticked by some editors this is a true fact, and within guidelines.

“Back” and “Tray” have specific defined meanings in the MB guidelines. I know I did this too in the early days by adding “back” to the last page of a booklet and had a few to correct once it was pointed out to me.

Many places in MB’s guidelines there are subtle tweaks of language to have a more specific meaning in the MB world. In your case you’ve just been a little unlucky that you were not editing common releases that made it into people’s voting lists.

4 Likes