File naming and sorting


#1

Greetings everyone. I am still working formulating a script to get my music files named and sorted. Unfortunately i am pretty ignorant about the coding language and syntax used here, so if any of you know how to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Here’s how I would like things arranged:

Music files sorted into albumartist folders, then album folders with release year, for example;
Led Zeppelin/1973 - Houses of the Holy

Music files named with track number - track name, with the disk number added to track number if the album has more than one disk, like so:
2-04 - Spinning Wheels

I don not want separate disk number folders created


#2

Give this a try and see if it does what you want:

%albumartist%/$if2(%originalyear%,0000) - %album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

#3

Thanks rdswift,

I tried your script but I’m still not getting the disk number added to the track number in the file names.


#4

Are you not getting the disc number even with a multi-disc album? If so, that’s odd. We could take out the test so that they always appear. The script would be:

%albumartist%/$if2(%originalyear%,0000) - %album%/%discnumber%-$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

#5

Ok, this accomplishes the disc numbers, but now I notice the file extensions have been removed from the files.


#6

Hi
Had the same problem
Got help
maybe its also good for You


#7

I’ve never seen that before. Perhaps you should enter a ticket on Jira explaining the problem. Be sure to include as much information as you can, including what operating system and what version of Picard you’re using, a list of installed and enabled plugins, and whether there is anything showing up in the error/debug log.


#8

So I reinstalled the most recent software, and I’ve got your second script working. Now I’d still like to accomplish what your first script was intended for. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work properly. Any ideas?


#9

Perhaps a plugin or a script running before the naming script is clearing or removing the totaldiscs tag.


#10

Hi

maybe you can use my skript for renaiming

$if($eq(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377), 
  
$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),40)/ 
$left(%album%,65)$if(%date%, - $left(%date%,4))/ 
%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40) 
  
, 
$upper($firstalphachar($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),#)) 
/$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),65)/ 
$left(%album%,65)$if(%date%, - $left(%date%,4))/ 
%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40) 
  
)

and ad a skript under skripting which unsets album tracknumber etc. for non Album Tracks

$unset(album)
	$unset(albumsort)
	$unset(discnumber)
	$unset(totaldiscs)
	$unset(tracknumber)
	$unset(totaltracks)