"Explicit" vs "Clean" tags/identification

This is one of this issues that concerns me. Spotting the version on the Compilation Albums as there is rarely going to be a time difference for a few beeped out \ replaced words. This will also not show up in AcoustID. With most compilations you just won’t know if you have a clean, explicit, radio edit or some other remix.

2 Likes

You remember that we already have the clean/explicit comments?

I’ve been using the Spotify ISRC site (https://tatsumo.pythonanywhere.com/auto) to obtain ISRCs from various artists releases and matching to recordings this way. This way makes it a lot easier to know if you have a clean or explicit version on the compilation. Also, take the time to add it to the disambiguation so that it helps.

7 Likes

Great tip, thanks @tigerman325! I’ve been looking for a way to lookup/identify ISRCs from online streaming services like Spotify, Deezer or Apple Music/iTunes

Exactly, i’m the same.

I would like to have the original (uncensored) Versions and the “family friendly” songs easily identified…

Amusingly, Frankie isn’t actually an explicit track though, agree it’s success was down to being banned, but it’s a good track.

For me, it’s tracks that have the N word, MF, C word etc, for the UK can’t be played before 2100.

If you’ve got kids, it’s a nice to have, as you can set the flag and not worry about what tracks are playing.

True, the track wasn’t literally explicit. But the video made it a bit clearer as to the double meaning.

Not sure if you want your kids singing that one at the supermarket. :rofl:

In case anyone was thinking about this (like I was) there’s apparently a ticket for it:

5 Likes