Event type for musicals/opera/ballet (STYLE-577)

I’ve attached a poll with the discussed options to the first post. Please do give your opinions! :slight_smile:

I’m missing the option “rename concert to live performance” (aka “one type is enough, but the term ‘concert’ may be too narrow”).

1 Like

Gah. That’s a good point, but it won’t let me edit the poll.

I don’t like “live performance”. :confused: A festival might not be a single performance, but is it not live? A launch event is usually done live, I believe. I would hope that a masterclass would be performed live at least.

Maybe two distinct polls (wording & hierarchy) were needed?

It is live, but not a single performance :slight_smile:

Most of the time it is on a stage as well.

Teaching can be challenging, but it doesn’t qualify as a live performance/show, most of the time.

Bringing back an old thread here as it appears no changes have been made to the Events category in a few years. What about Radio events? Strictly musically speaking, you may be thinking “Well if they played a show on radio then it can be categorized as a concert”, but what about when a band just does an interview, I think that could be well documented on here. In addition to that, some of the older artists on here have done other non-musical appearances on the radio, either for drama plays comedy.

1 Like

I think this might need to be spun off into a separate thread. It’s common for artists to do appearances on radio and TV for promotional purposes.
There have been a few tickets proposed for such events, e.g. https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/STYLE-550