Entering 8-tracks

I have a 1/2 dozen old favorite 8-tracks I wish to submit. Most are in the format pictured below. What is the best way to enter the tracks? As you can see, the tape has 4 programs, each with 2 tracks. For example should I list the track numbers as 1/A-MAIN TITLE (From the 20th etc…; then 1/B-SCHEHERAZADE (Part 1); next 2/A-SCHEHERAZADE (Conclusion); etc.?

I also have a couple of original cardboard “sleeves”. Should they be entered as such or just “boxes”. The sleeves are not like those pictured in MB container documentation. Common sense would indicate sleeve, right?

I will have to play each track and use my timer to ascertain approximate lengths. I have not been able to find web info specifically for these.

For a label, it looks like just “CBS” since we usually don’t include Inc…Agreed? PLEASE feel free to enter any other helpful tips!

As always, thanks! LL

1 Like

I think the label would be Columbia. I would add the track numbers as: 1-1, 1-2, etc.

1 Like

Done. https://musicbrainz.org/release/91a85137-993b-4ffd-a48a-ca4e35131633
Comments/corrections still appreciated.

3 Likes

Looks good – any way to get the track timings?

1 Like

I have added CBS, Inc., it’s for the recording phonographic copyright 1977 and the release copyright 1977.

3 Likes

@bflaminio Can’t find any exact matches on the net yet. I will have to play them and try to time them to get close.

I was torn between adding the Inc. after CBS or dropping it. I know MB doesn’t usually like the “Inc.” used for labeling. Glad you felt it should be there. I was also tempted to follow the Discogs track naming style of A1, A2, B1 etc., for 4 & 8 track cartridges They spell it out pretty clearly. If MB spells it out, I haven’t found it.:thinking: Also, thank you for the additional editing. Some of the capitalization errors I made were due to following Discogs style editing. I know better but had a “duh” moment.

1 Like

The Inc. should absolutely be there for those © ℗ mentions, as printed.
But for release label, I don’t even see CBS without Inc. So I cannot tell.
I would only have COLUMBIA for release label.

3 Likes