Elusive Worker Bee (Create Work) achievement badges

Are these awarded posthumously? Worker Bee II (Create 10 works) and Worker Bee III (Create 100 Works).

I’m fairly certain I have created a lot more than that🤔 and they won’t budge from the locked achievements.

This doesn’t include: Copy and paste works from other authors.
Do you need some comfort? Here it is: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
(holy 20s rule fulfilled)

1 Like

To think I used to like and admire you!

1 Like

Respect is okay…

I just checked my locked achievements and there are more than a handful that should have been unlocked decades ago (including Worker Bee II).
I guess these achievements don’t have a high priority.
This is reason enough to find a new favorite book database…

1 Like

I was happily reading my book when the thought occurred to me that you weren’t being sarcastic about my favoured method of copying and pasting data.

What you meant was that the Work had to be created by clicking the Add button for a Work and then filling out all of the information including adding the author relationship.

I just did all that and unlocked my Worker Bee II (Create 10 Works) badge. It is probably the slowest way of adding Works, so there is not a snowball’s chance in hell that I will get the 100 badge.

You’re now back in my good books. Sorry @indy133 :innocent:

1 Like

ahem… to be honest…you know…I’m not absolutely sure…so it could be…well…I’ll tell you straight away… … … … … I …that includes me and myself…we…had no idea… …
how to get this achievement…You don’t have to say anything, I already found the fire exit out of your good books…

1 Like

Ha ha, you shouldn’t have added that comment as I had elevated you to god-like status for your incredible knowledge. Now I’m not certain.

1 Like

Just double checking that there aren’t any confirmed broken achievements? Otherwise I’ll add a ticket.

I don’t quite know what the ‘copy and paste’ thing is but it sounds like it’s sorted?

1 Like

I thought our comments might be confusing to most people.

There are two ways of adding a Work: via the Author page which pre-fills the author relationship, or using the Add (Work) button at the right hand top of the page which means you have to complete all the details, including manually adding the author relationship.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 9.57.39 am

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 9.58.01 am

It appears that the only way to unlock the Worker Bee (Create Work) badges is to use the Add (Work) button.

Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

We should probably change this right?? Or rename the award to ‘Inefficiency Bee’ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That was my thought exactly. The badge appears to reward inefficiency, plus the latter method can result in mistakes if the user forgets to add the author relationship. Well, at least it happened to me during my sprint to unlock the 10 Works badge!

download

2 Likes

I’ve made a ticket:

Could you confirm that this just happens with Works? Lots of other entities can be made in the same ways right: through the top menu, or via existing entities

2 Likes

My theory might be wrong!

I have just created 101 Works for Dean Koontz using the Add (Work) method and the Worker Bee III (Create 100 works) is still a locked achievement.

I feel slightly ripped off and totally fed up with Dean Koontz

2 Likes

I will take an I.O.U.

2 Likes

The other badges that I feel should have been released are the Explorer I and Explorer II awarded for “View 10 different entities” and “View 100 different entities” respectively.

If I haven’t done both of those I would be surprised.

1 Like

There’s definitely something fishy going on with the achievements system.
Nothing to do with how the authors are added, and I suspect everything to do with the code that is supposed to calculate those achievements.

It’s quite low on the priority list but if everyone thinks they’re useful I could have a closer look.
Alternatively, if any other developer reading this wants to have a go at it, i believe the offending code lies here: bookbrainz-site/achievement.js at master · metabrainz/bookbrainz-site · GitHub

3 Likes

And a follow-up thought: if that achievement is broken, then it’s quite possible others could be too.

4 Likes

Here’s a list of my still locked achievements which should be unlocked, even if the priority is low for good reasons :wink:
Publisher III
Limited Edition III
Worker Bee II + III
Explorer I-III

What about “Time Traveller”: Create an edition before it is released.
I didn’t try it, but couldn’t it just be achieved by adding a “casual typo” release - If that is the case it should be removed even if it’s funny. (I can’t see how this can be avoided).

I just created 10 work entity and work achievement seems to be working fine, but explorer achievements aren’t working for me either.

2 Likes