Now we have had this membranophone bot reak its havoc across the database, is there any simple way to correct its obvious errors?
For example Dave Grohl - one of Nirvana’s drummers
Click on that link and look at his relationships. He is now credited as playing membranophone on dozens of tracks. Originally this would all have been “drums” as that is what was on the disk boxes/vinyl covers. (I am trying to imagine him using hippy type drums in Nirvana LOLZ :D)
I have been working through some bands by hand trying to correct this confusion. And it is possible to click one by one on each release and clean this up with some artists. (For example, I did this to The Cure)
But it will take ages to work through all of the membranophones on Dave’s page and correct them.
So please someone come up with a magic script or some kind of way of fixing this for the obvious rock bands. For this sake I’d even try and learn scripting to work through and correct this weirdness.
We need a script where we can point at a Band and\or and Artist and let it swap all membranophones back to drums (drum set).
Eeek… I kept looking at Nirvana and there are just so many entries that need correcting for their various drummers.
I know this same thing has happened to Pink Floyd… and I guess Rolling Stones will be hit hard (I bet Ronnie Wood wouldn’t know what a Membranophone was). They are just too big to correct by hand.
It is especially the older data that will have just been “drums” and now has been changed to a term the average person has never heard of. (So far I have asked a dozen random Brits if they know what a “membranophone is” and so far no one has… and that includes my spellcheck)