Does exist a plugin for transliterate?

Does exist a plugin or script for transliterate? I mean transliterate non-latin charset to latin like Арсенал to Arsenal

1 Like

I believe if the artist is translated in MB database it is possible to have that version.
check the box ‘Translate artist names to this locale’

But for track titles, I don’t know if this is possible. I’m trying to fix my naming script with basic songs before jumping into my Japanese and Russian songs :slight_smile:

Thank you! It is work but if DB has information.

@outsidecontext recently made a Picard plugin from transliterating between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese:

If the transliteration of+to other character sets can be reasonably done by machines, this plugin can maybe be modified to suit this purpose?

3 Likes

Theoretically yes. The reason the other plugin was easy to implement was that there is an existing library that supports the transliteration between Chinese scripts. If there is something similar for let’s say Cyrillic ↔ Latin transliteration this could also be done in a similar way. I found GitHub - barseghyanartur/transliterate: Bi-directional transliterator for Python. Transliterates (unicode) strings according to the rules specified in the language packs. which could help in doing this.

I can’t promise anything right now, but I like the idea of having a transliteration plugin that can handle different cases. Probably both by manual action (as I did in the Chinese plugin) and by providing appropriate tagger script functions.

3 Likes