Date [YEAR] not always showing in string, yet 'Date:' tag is populated

Probably something I’m just not seeing. Or…

This should be showing the date in the path name being built… It does not always do it.
It’s just a snippet from the larger script. One of the screenshots shows a date in the pathname on disk, the other does not yet both have the tags populated.

…and this should be working even of there is just a 4 digit year in there only.

%_albumForFilename%
$noop($if($ne(%media%,CD), $if(%media%,[$rreplace(%media%,["″], Inch)])))
$noop(root/<*>/B/B-52's, The]/Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl])
$if($ne(%media%,CD),$if(%media%,[%media%])
$noop(★ Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl] - [YEAR] [Media-Type][CDx~subtitle]/ or /CDx~subtitle/ ★)
$if($if2(%date%,%originalyear%,%originaldate%),$left([$if2(%date%,%originalyear%,%originaldate%),5)] ,[0000]))
$noop(★ Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl] - [YEAR] [Media-Type][CDx~subtitle]/ or /CDx~subtitle/ [Official] ★)
$if($eq(%_showReleaseType%,1),[%releasestatus%])
$noop(★ Incomplete in custom directory ★)
$if(%_isIncomplete%,- %_incompleteFolder%,)
$upper(/%_extension%)

I think the closing parantheses for the $if($ne(%media%,CD) is not set correctly. Currently it will only show both media and the year if media is not CD. So I assume the example above where the year is not shown is actually the CD.

Try this:

%_albumForFilename%
$noop($if($ne(%media%,CD), $if(%media%,[$rreplace(%media%,["″], Inch)])))
$noop(root/<*>/B/B-52's, The]/Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl])
$if($and(%media%,$ne(%media%,CD)),[%media%])
$noop(★ Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl] - [YEAR] [Media-Type][CDx~subtitle]/ or /CDx~subtitle/ ★)
$if($if2(%date%,%originalyear%,%originaldate%),[$left($if2(%date%,%originalyear%,%originaldate%),4)] ,[0000] )
$noop(★ Bouncing off the Satellites [Vinyl] - [YEAR] [Media-Type][CDx~subtitle]/ or /CDx~subtitle/ [Official] ★)
$if($eq(%_showReleaseType%,1),[%releasestatus%])
$noop(★ Incomplete in custom directory ★)
$if(%_isIncomplete%,- %_incompleteFolder%,)
$upper(/%_extension%)
1 Like

Yup, that’s it. I didn’t catch that association, the ones that got dated were in fact non-CD releases. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like