Data-only CD, no audio at all, that bears Enhanced CD logos: best practice?

Their doc does not mention PBC at all, it looks like VLC does not support this.

I will try VLC soon to see if it supports playback control / PBC / VCD 2.0 mode.
But in the meantime, check if you see that in VLC menus.

PBC is the default mode on hardware (S)VCD players, where the player uses the metadata for things like chapters, interactivity (menus) and media combinations (still pictures + BGM).

Maybe it’s a bit overkill but, if you put all the files in a temporary file exchange platform like WeTransfer, I would burn the VCD and play it with PBC on, and then edit the release. :woozy_face:

1 Like

OK, let me figure out the WeTransfer bit. I definitely didn’t see anything about PBC or that would give me chapters (though I didn’t look for VCD 2.0, will try looking for that).

1 Like

I don’t think I have private message capability here yet, though I do have an inbox, so I think you could message me. PM me a word, any word (but ASCII only please), and I’ll build a place where you can just fetch it. It will be faster than me sorting out a new platform.

Do not say the word out loud here, or I’ll be forced to ask you for another one. :wink:

1 Like

@jesus2099 OK maybe I can’t see my inbox after all. I’ll choose the word. In your GitHub, you have a pinned gist named for a rabbit. That name is the word (également en majuscules).

You can get a zip file from: https://babyvcd.notthatinnocent.com/theword/babyvcd.zip - that zip is the output from vcdxrip, which is a flattened version of the CD - instead of being in subdirectories, the file names are strung together with underscores.

En cas de difficultés, envoyez-moi un courriel (on trouve l’adresse sur mon profil MBZ), là je peux l’expliquer clairement.

1 Like