Compilation: artist - title help

se prima con compilation mi rinominava i file con artista e titolo ora non mi funziona, come posso ristabilire? grazie
in the compilation before I rename
01 Solomon Burke - Baby 1 Wanna Be Loved
02 Garnet Mimms - A Little Bit Of Soap
how can I get this
thank you

Hello, welcome to MusicBrainz!

I’m sorry, I don’t know much Italian. I’ll answer in English, and hope that helps.

It think you are asking, you tried to rename a collection of music files with artist name and song title, but that didn’t work for you. You want to know how to restore the original file names. Do I understand correctly?

Are you using MusicBrainz Picard? If so, it will help to add the “PIcard” tag to your message here.

I don’t know of a way to restore the original file names after you have Picard make changes. The best thing to do is to keep a copy of the original files safe before trying something new with Picard. If you don’t like the changes Picard makes, throw away the modified files, and restore the copies of the original files.

If you don’t have the original files, another option is to attempt to correct Picard’s scripts. In other words, to move forward instead of moving backwards.

I wish you good luck!

excuse me little English
I want to become so:
01 Solomon Burke - Baby 1 Wanna Be Loved
02 Garnet Mimms - A Little Bit Of Soap
instead of
01 1 Baby Wanna Be Loved
02 A Little Bit Of Soap

Hello Gino, welcome :slight_smile:

I cannot speak Italian so I answer in English.

From what you write about your titles, I understand that you want to put the Performer (Artist) and the Title of the song at one entry line in the titles of the release. As far as I know that is not possible. You will need to put the title of the song e.g. “Baby I Wanna Be Loved” in one field and in the next field the performer artist “Solomon Burke”.

What is the url (page address that you see in the top bar of your browser) of the release page you are working on? So I can have a look and try to help you to edit it properly?

Hello @ginobosi, and welcome to MusicBrainz (again!) :slight_smile:

I also do not speak/read/write Italian, but I will try to help you regardless.

You want the artist name as part of your file names, correct? Did you read http://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/options/#file_naming ? In the “Name files like this” field (I don’t know what/if it’s translated to in Italian, sorry.), the below is the default file naming string:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/,)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

The $if(%_multiartist%, …) condition should already give you the filename you want. Can you post what it currently says in your “Name files like this” field so we can help you debug your issue?

default file naming string:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

I reiterate that before I had only to add Compilation (iTunes) 1 and everything worked is only recently that this does not work
thank you