I think maybe I didn’t explain myself properly. I know how to add a new artist. My question is this: isn’t the “Add a new artist” selection supposed to appear in the list I described, and if not, why not? The search is already there, in the window I’m working on, and it makes sense that “Add a new artist” would be there as well, but that text item simply does not show up. Not having that option available at this point in the workflow doesn’t make sense.
I am also wondering if this was a problem related to the database/hosting/etc issue that happened yesterday, or if it’s always been like this. Could you (or someone) check to see if this is happening to you as well?
- Pick a recording of a song that doesn’t have a work attached to it (and where the work doesn’t exist yet). Click “Edit”.
- Add relationship: “Work/recording of”.
- Search for the work. Since it does not exist, at the bottom of the results, click “Add a new work”.
- In this window, add relationship: “Artist/writer”
- Search for the writer (if it exists, just type nonsense, we only want to see the results when the artist doesn’t exist).
- At this point, you will not see the line “Add a new artist” at the bottom of the results.
I believe this is an error or oversight within the site because you will see the text if you don’t use this particular workflow.