Master thread: Is my IP blocked / Is my VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't check music on home network

Yes, this IP was in our QNAP blacklist, now whitelisted.
You should have access to all our services right now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi same here I guess it might be blocked since yesterday.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thank you for swift reply

This IP isn’t currently blacklisted on our side.
If trouble persists, please post traceroute output, it is likely a temporary network issue not under control.

awesome, sorry for hassle - problem on my side.
thank you for checking and stay safe

1 Like

Hi, I have just bought a QNAP and, ironically, it is what I’m using to store all my music files on.
Can you check if my external IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is on the blocked list?

I read through the chatlogs regarding the QNAP issue (linked way above), and there was a link to a suggested way to disable the QNAP issue, but that link is now defunct. Is there another suggested way to quieten my disruptive NAS?

Regards, John

Yes, it was blocked, it is now whitelisted, sorry for the inconvenience.

Be sure to upgrade your NAS to last system, QNAP should have fix the issue on most recent systems.
Since your IP is now whitelisted, it isn’t much an issue, if your device still queries our web service, requests are just ignored.

2 Likes

Hi. I have a QNAP NAS and cannot access musicbrainz.org on any browser on any device on my network. Can you check to see if my address has been blocked? My IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Thank you.

Yes, it was blacklisted, now removed, so you should be able to access to all our services again.
Please be sure to upgrade your QNAP device to latest firmware.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yay! That’s great. My NAS is the latest firmware. Appreciate the quick response. Thanks again.

1 Like

Not quite on ntopic, but close enough for my searching. I am using Audex to digitise a CD collection. Yesterday and again today, I get through somewhere between 10 and 20 CDs and then the lookup stops working so I just have track numbers. Is there a limit built into MusicBrainx that could be causing this? IP currently xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, liable to change at the whim of ISP.

This IP isn’t blacklisted for sure, and your use case is unlikely to hit any limit on our side. There were connectivity issues between our servers and the rest of the world ~19 hours ago for 40 minutes.
Perhaps a software issue on your side, dunno.

Hello. I also cannot access Musicbrainz server. My IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Can you check if it is in the blacklist?
I’m trying to access in https://musicbrainz.org/

Thanks so much.

This IP isn’t blacklisted on our side.
Can you give more details about the issue you encounter to access our services?
Can you access metabrainz.org?
Can you provide a traceroute to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the quick answer!! I will tell you what I’m trying to do. I want to access the database to compare it with a list of authors/songs, so I’m using MS Access.
1º I installed the PostgreSQL ODBC driver for MS Access
2º I try to link the database using “Remote origin: PostgreSQL ANSI”
3º In the parameters, I have used metabrainz.org or musicbrainz.org for the server, and the username and password I used to register. Port 5432, 8080, 80, etc.
4º The answer is “Connection timed out”
5º But, in the console, if I make a ping to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, metabrainz.org or musicbrainz.org, it works and the server answers.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it works with other SQL servers. Can you help me?

MusicBrainz.org is not exposing direct access to the PosgreSQL server. You’ll need to setup a local database and import the data dumps if you want to access the database directly. The easiest method to do this might be to use the official MusicBrainz VM.

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m also unable to access musicbrainz.org. My IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I’m using EAC to digitise my music with the MusicBrainz Metadata Plugin. Like a few others, I can convert a few CDs, but then I get a “Can’t connect to MusicBrainz!” message. Today I’ve not managed 1 CD.
I don’t have a QNAP NAS, but do have a Synology. My IP address (today) is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Please can you check if it’s blacklisted?

Thanks, and kind regards,

James.

Your IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was in our QNAP blacklist, now whitelisted, sorry for the inconvenience.

This IP isn’t blacklisted. Does the problem persist? If yes, please give more details, perhaps EAC has more infos about the actual issue. Can you confirm you can access https://musicbrainz.org with a browser?

Hi @Zas,
Thank you for your quick reply and checking my IP address. Yes, I’m still having the problem. I’m using EAC v1.5. There don’t seem to be any logs to review - all I see is the following:

I can access https://musicbrainz.org using Firefox and Chrome browsers.
I have found a guide that has allowed me to reconfigure EAC to use multiple metadata providers and this is working for the moment :slight_smile:

Thanks, and kind regards,

James.