Master thread: Is my IP blocked / Is my VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't check music on home network

Hi Zas. Can you check IP xx.xx.xx.xxx.

I think it is banned. Thx for your time.

Kind regards Nexus

It should be solved now, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi Zas. I have just switched ISP and I think my new IP is blocked. It is: xx.xxx.xx.xx

I don’t own a QNAP.

Thx for your hard work.

• Nigel

Your IP was blocked, it is now removed, you should have access to our services again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ok, thanks for looking

@krsjuan this IP isn’t blocked on our side.

Hi.

Me again. Because my ISP use shared ipv4 addresses i got banned again.
This let my rethink about the problem and i found a easy solution for me and maybe for other.

I used now a vpn server when i need tag or vised musicbrainz.org. There are many free ones without a registration out there.

No connection problems and Zas can do more important stuff ;).

3 Likes

Hello,

can you please check if my ip adress is blacklisted: xx.x.xxx.xxx

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, your IP was blocked, because it was associated to a QNAP device at some point.
I unblocked it, so you should now have access to all our services again.

2 Likes

Just today I losţ access to https://musicbrainz.org . Checking about and it may be the case that MusicBrainz implements and IP block-list for bad actors (a good thing) but my VPN provider of choice may have ended up on that list.

Is there a way to get this resolved? Or is the block-list fairly hard and fast? I prefer to run with the VPN on 24/7 as I appreciate the encryption and additional security.

Send me your IP so I can check. We updated some blocklists yesterday, VPN’s IPs are very likely to be in, as they are very often used by bad actors.

According to whatismyip.com it currently shows as:

MY PUBLIC IPV4 IS: xxx.xx.xx.xx

MY PUBLIC IPV6 IS: xxxx:xxxx:xxx:x:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

But it may change if I change amongst VPN servers. I’m using AirVPN, if that helps – if there is a “Musicbrainz approved” VPN service, let me know and perhaps I can switch to that.

As far as being a bad actor – you’d have to ask my high school drama teacher.

I unblocked your IP on our side.
You should now have access to our services.

2 Likes

Thanks Zas! It’s working now. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey Zas,

I’m afraid it might be also a problem for my IP xxx.x.xxx.xxx. Can’t connect to musicbrainz.org using my Wi-Fi connection, only through mobile data. It’s the first time I see QNAP, is it connected to a choice of ISP?

I’d be grateful for unlocking my connection if this is the same problem, thanks!

I unblocked your IP.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Hi @Zas ,
could you check if my IP has been blacklisted, please?
xx.xxx.x.xx
Many thanks in advance

Done, Your IP was associated with a QNAP device at some point.

1 Like

thank you for unblocking me, and sorry for the trouble.

Hello everyone!
I cannot connect to musicbrainz.org, for me, it gives Connection Timed Out.
My IP is 86.127.243.246 and i don’t know if it’s in blacklist or using DDOS attack.
Thank you.