Master thread: Is my IP blocked / Is my VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't check music on home network

Thanks, but the reason may be that I had to do a lot of API requests when developing the music part of my app?

Actually no, your IP was listed in few online malware/spam/abuse lists, likely because it is a dynamic IP and the host it was attached before was actually doing bad things.

If it was related to your use of our services, your IP would have ended in a different list.
Out of curiosity, which app are you working on?

1 Like

It is a rather sophisticated file explorer, which allows among other things to tag music files. I can send you a demo video capture if you want it privately.

2 Likes

Hi,

Can you check blocklist for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx please? I cannot connect to musicbrainz.org too.

Regards…
Peter

This IP was added to our QNAP blocklist.
If you don’t own such device, it is likely you got the IP of someone who does.

I just removed this IP, so you should now be able to access all our services.

3 Likes

Yes. Connection works now… Ty…

1 Like

Hey so I tried to manage my libary with beets, as I did many times before, but this time I noticed it couldn’t connect to MusicBrainz. I tried to go to the website but I got a timeout error. Checked if the servers were down but that’s not the case. So I used Opera’s built in VPN to see if I can connect that way, and I actually can. Im currently using it.
Can it be the case that my normal IP is blocked? If so why?

1 Like

Hey so I tried to manage my libary with beets, as I did many times before, but this time I noticed it couldn’t connect to MusicBrainz. I tried to go to the website but I got a timeout error. Checked if the servers were down but that’s not the case. So I used Opera’s built in VPN to see if I can connect that way, and I actually can. Im currently using it.
Can it be the case that my normal IP is blocked? If so why?

1 Like

Happy Friday!
It seems my public IP have been blacklisted? A lookup on whatsmyipaddress give the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I had access to the website yesterday but it seem unavailable today.

I have a QNAP.

Yes, your IP was blacklisted, likely because of your QNAP device.
Be sure to upgrade it to latest version.
I removed this IP, so you should now be able to access all our services.

1 Like

Gosh, that was quick! Thanks so much! Great! It works again.

I have the latest version but will try to restrict the outgoing traffic from the QNAP NAS.

Thank you!

1 Like

I have a QNAP NAS and didn’t know about the blocked IP addresses until recently. I uninstalled Music Station a couple of years ago, but I must have been banned before I did that. I’m on the current QTS version, and do not use any of the QNAP multimedia programs. My IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Thanks!

Hi,

Can you check the blocklist for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ?
I also cannot connect to musicbrainz.org.

Thanks a lot!

@eriji @WillyWhale your IPs were in the QNAP list, now removed, you should now have access to all our services. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

thanks a lot for the quick solution!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m sorry my NAS was part of the problem.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Why would a NAS be querying MB?

Hi. I am unable to access Musicbrainz or use Picard since past few days. I believe my IP address is also blacklisted. But I switched off my router at night for an IP address refresh. I have a new IP address now, but I am still unable to access the services except by going on my mobile phone data.

I don’t understand what these QNAP services or devices are. The only change I’ve had in the past month in my household is install iTunes for my new iPhone and getting a new Wi-Fi router.

@LWTBP can you provide your IP address so I can check?

My IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx