Master thread: Is my IP blocked / IP blacklisted / VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't work on home network

Hey :slight_smile: how about

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

?

If I am blocked … Is there a way to find out why i have been blocked? I read about rate limiting, am setting a user agent and have a ratelimit and a ratelimit_interval.

Can you unblock me too? I am using a vpn. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx & xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This IP isn’t blocked on our side.

Those IPs belong to IP blocks that regularly abuse our services and are responsible of spam.
Sorry, but we’ll not unblock those, according to the long history of abuses.

I am one of the good users but that’s reasonable I guess.

Hello, I’m on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and I can open the MB website (doing LOTS of edits lately) but Picard stopped responding… no QNAP but like I said I am organizing my music collection so Plex might query a lot… Thanks.

@Zas this is getting rather annoying, can’t process more than 5-10 albums in a run, then I’m getting the 404 error in Picard, can’t load album information, can’t find musicbrainz.org, etc… could you pls set the limiter to a higher value? I will never tag my collections with this pace… thanks

You get such error?
Can you provide a debug log?

Edit: Deleted. My issue was due to an AWS server crash and not MusicBrainz.

Hi Zas,

since a few days I cannot access musicbrainz.org. Can you please unblock my IP address if it is blacklisted? Thx.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This IP was blocked because it was associated with a QNAP device, it belongs to a huge dynamic IP block. If you own such device, ensure it was upgraded to latest OS. If not, you probably just got the IP of someone who had one, aka bad luck.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

I don’t own a QNAP device.
Thank you!

2 Likes

I think my IP is on your blacklist.
Can I be unblocked please?
IP = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thanks in advance
Joe

This IP was not blocked, so the issue is elsewhere. Can you explain why you think this IP is blocked?

I am using DataCrow and when I try look up I get the message “cannot connect to MusicBrainz”. OK thankyou I will try again
Joe

Hello I can no longer access the musicbrainz site and the API requests. I am developing an application for Android.(I can access services from 4G)
My IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Please let me know what’s wrong.

Your IP was in few public blocklists, likely because it was used by spammers or the like some time ago, it has now disappear from them, so you should now be able to access all our services again.

Thanks, but the reason may be that I had to do a lot of API requests when developing the music part of my app?

Actually no, your IP was listed in few online malware/spam/abuse lists, likely because it is a dynamic IP and the host it was attached before was actually doing bad things.

If it was related to your use of our services, your IP would have ended in a different list.
Out of curiosity, which app are you working on?

1 Like

It is a rather sophisticated file explorer, which allows among other things to tag music files. I can send you a demo video capture if you want it privately.

2 Likes