Master thread: Is my IP blocked / Is my VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't check music on home network

Sorry for the delay, i just checked and this IP isn’t blacklisted.
Are you sure it is the one used to connect to our servers ?
Can you describe the issue you have ?

Thank you, Zas.

Both the website and Picard were unable to connect, but I wasn’t having problems at work or connecting to other websites from home. I rebooted everything (gateway, router, switches, and computer) and I’m able to get on this morning. Thank you for checking!! Have a great day!

1 Like

Can you please remove my IP from the blacklist? xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I do have a QNAP device.
Thank you,
Pat

Yes, the IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was in the QNAP blacklist, i whitelisted it, you should be able to access all our services now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Could I please have my IP address removed from the blacklist ? I have a QNAP NAS; had no idea that it was spamming remote servers, that’s very rude. My IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Thanks,
Tim

Your IP is now whitelisted, sorry for the inconvenience.

Please unblock me xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx I love your service! But I have a qnap

Done, it was effectively in the qnap blacklist. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can browse the website now, but am still unable to use beets to update my music library. Is this still blocked ? Musicbrainz not reachable in get release by ID …

The IP you gave is whitelisted, not sure what’s the issue with beets, but that’s likely not related to this.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll look into it on my end, thanks for the help.

Hi, have been able to reach musicbrainz.org only using a vpn, maby my linuxbox has been blacklisted,
could you please please check?
ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

i did not have any issues using Picard until now.

thanks in advance.

This IP was blacklisted (associated with qnap devices), i whitelisted it, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, everything working again like before, thank you.

Hi there, I have the same problem… I cannot reach the website… Can you please check my ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

This IP was blacklisted (QNAP again), i just whitelisted it so you should be able to access all our services again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your support and your help. It works great again. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Hi Zas,

I think I may have fallen victim to this my IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx i have a qnap nas but i only run Picard through my PC is there ant feature i need to turn off to stop this happening?

Thanks

Yes, this IP was in our QNAP blacklist, now removed. If you still have this device, it’d be great to upgrade it to latest system (QNAP told us they fixed the problem, but we don’t know exactly which versions were fixed).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Thanks Zas

I have the latest version of the software for my nas but it was a few months since I used Picard and I think I have updated since then so hopefully it is fixed

1 Like