Band changed name from / to relationship (successor bands?) [MBS-12295]

This doesn’t surprise me, since it was posted as a link leaving Reddit, without any explanation posted to Reddit.

I am not usually a Reddit user, you might have guessed :stuck_out_tongue:

Second try here

Thanks to @IvanDobsky for helping tidy up the On a Friday page btw! Would be nice to see some of the super fans on this thread get involved…

I don’t understand why you think Reddit is a better place to get a response than a music community? :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like

More specifically, I think a Radiohead fan page/group is a better place for Radiohead history knowledge.

The fans are not really biting so I guess we just keep going in circles here ¯_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

I assume this relationship type is meant for entities of the same type only and not for something like a group changing its name to a person or vice versa:
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/89006709

1 Like

Yes. Although that relationship might be correct in itself, if it pointed to a band artist and not the person?

1 Like

It’s pointing to the person who also happens to be a member. Hence my curiosity.

If this relationship type is meant for intentional renames and not forced ones, e.g. for legal reasons, perhaps this needs to be better explained in relevant documents: