Album with fewer real tracks than the sleeve suggests - how to add to MB

Hi,
I have a vinyl in hand that has two fewer tracks than what the sleeve suggests. I can easily determine which tracks are which from the lyrics and it’s obvious which two are not on the pressing.
I added the release to MB ages ago and have finally recored the vinyl.
Should I simply delete the two tracks from the release?
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes if you are sure the record has not been changed package in some second hand situation, where such medium package mismatch can happen.

If it’s real, you should indeed remove tracks and explain the discrepancy in the release annotation, especially as you added the release yourself, it’s merely a self-fix. :slight_smile::+1:

3 Likes

Hmm actually I’m not so sure any more - a visual inspection of the vinyl clearly shows the same number of tracks as on the sleeve. I think my rip is bad :frowning:

Thanks

2 Likes

Sounds like this may be moot now in this case, but for future reference, you should also be sure that there doesn’t exist an alternate version that does have all the listed tracks. Even if it was a release you added yourself, if it’s been in MB for some time others may be referencing it and expecting it to be the “full” version.

2 Likes