A proper foobar2000 submission component

I have updated the component and released foo_listenbrainz2 1.4. The changes in this release are:

• The submitted listening time is now set to start of playback of the submitted track
  • Submit cached listens on application start
  • Submit duration as milliseconds
  • Fix submission of discnumber, totaldiscs, totaltracks and tracknumber as integers (#12, @redactedscribe)
  • Fixed submitting “foo_listenbrainz2” for submission_client (#13, @redactedscribe)
  • Options: Change label of enable option to “Enable submission”
  • Cleanup of dark mode code (@marc2k3)

Please download the latest version from the release page. As before this is compatible with foobar2000 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0.

As I mentioned before I adopted the code so this component does not get lost. I will try to continue maintaining it, but I lack the time for larger updates. Furthermore I’m not an active foobar2000 (or even Windows) user and it has been over 15 years since I did some serious C++ coding.

However, there have been some interesting feature suggestion that would be worth implementing. If anyone has the interest and skill to do so you are more then welcomed to help :wink:

One thing I will look into myself next is support for radio streams. No promise how soon I will get to this, though. Let’s see.

4 Likes